[ale] Raspberry Pi and ... Of all the projects for a microcontroller... OMG....

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:25:32 EST 2012

I thought "Sex and the City" was off the air....

Add a "pornoPi" to a haptic feedback pair of shorts with "innie" or
"outie" adapters (or both?!) ("hydraulic action" as a marketing term
comes to mind) and hack in an XBox Kinect and Wham! - a remote "Party
Machine" with no pregnancy or STD potential.

The print-it-yourself revolution will thoroughly upset, enrage and/or
disgust some portion of society. :-)

cool hack!

Where does one get dippable silicone for totally encasing electronics?
That has huge potential for oceanography as well as water supply and
sewer system evaluations.

On 11/24/2012 07:02 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Ok....
>
> There is no way I can post this without getting into a whole lotta
> trouble and yet there is no way I can NOT post this...  I'm sitting here
> laughing so hard I was in tears...  As old Red Skelton use to quip in
> his "bad little boy" skits "if I do dis, I get a whipping...  Yeah, I do
> dis..."
>
> Sooo...  We've been having this discussion over what we can do with the
> Raspberry Pi's and, by extension, the Ardunios (the Alamode is almost
> required for some sensors and the Ardunio Duo looks really attractive).
>
> I got my two RPs in on Wednesday right on schedule from Newark.  Both
> are running right now with Fedora (one with the Alamode on its bus).  I
> tried Raspian but was not real thrilled.  Only downside to Fedora 17 is
> that it doesn't fully support the 512M ram on the newer boards but I
> expect this to get fixed sooner or later.  At this point, well over half
> of my "no additional hardware required" project list is well within
> striking distance.  I've already had USB to serial connectors plugged in
> and could use these for remote USB console devices, easily.  Things for
> "syslog servers", "cron ssh little black boxes", "log harvestors", and
> "nagios servers" are trivial from where I have them already.  I'm
> getting ready to order several more for deployment into production
> environments.
>
> I'm already assembling the high voltage components for my big project
> (the power line disturbance analyzer) and I've got parts coming in for
> my sprinkler controller.  The IP KVM will have to wait...
>
> So, I'm on track...  Come middle of next year, if we want to have a
> meeting devote to Raspberry Pi and Ardunio projects, I will be there, no
> question, even if the line disturbance analyzer is not ready.
>
> But...  Then I ran into this.  I just don't know what to say.  I would
> have never thought of it, but...  Any further commentary from me will
> only dig me deeper...  I leave it to you all...  This is not for me to
> comment on...
>
> /me picks jaw up off floor and finds a nice quite place to hide in while
> waiting for the flash of light and mushroom cloud on the horizon...
>
> http://scanlime.org/2012/11/hacking-my-vagina/
>
> Regards,
> Mike

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://electjimkinney.org
http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/