[ale] xkcd on NPR

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Nov 21 15:39:16 EST 2012

As a kid I and my siblings often sneaked in via the woods as we lived within walking distance.   I noticed when I last went they now  have a fence all around it.

One of the things I thought was coolest back then was a little room near the entrance that you walk into.  It was all black with tiny lights and what not and you were on a few feet above the floor of the room so it really felt like you were in space looking out on the solar system.   Last time I went they'd gotten rid of that and put in a rather dry standard museum type walk through about something else and I wondered what unimaginative curator type decided that was better.   Probably more educational but sometimes "cool" beats out "educational".

However, overall the museum is definitely worth the visit even with that change.   Lots of other cool things to see.