[ale] Time jumping forward on RHEL6.3

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Nov 20 12:14:55 EST 2012

Interesting you mention VMs - the first question RedHat asked me was whether these are Virtual or Bare Metal (they are the latter).   The tech indicated he'd seen some sort of issues with virtual machines in the past but didn't elaborate.

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with CPU frequency and if so how I'd go about checking that.

Can you tell me what version of ntp you're running on RHEL6.3?  I'm running the latest which is ntp.x86_64 4.2.4p8-2.el6.

I don't really thing it's an ntp issue though since it seems to have gone even further off after ntpd died yesterday.