[ale] IPv6 trouble w/ CM10

Wed Nov 14 17:02:48 EST 2012

I'm using CM10 (now Stable, but I have ran nightlies for 3 months) on my
T-Mobile SGS3. I am offering this information as I may be a resource for
other questions. Unfortunately I cannot speak about IPv6. I don't use IPv6
for anything.

My thought on the issue in general is that you may just be having a hard
time finding an app whose developer put any consideration into IPv6. Some
questions that might help:
1. Is IPv6 a feature of CM10, or is the stock OS supposed to support it too?
2. Do know of apps that are supposed to be IPv6 capable?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Michael Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

> I realize that this is a CyanogenMod/Android issue, but am hoping that
> someone is able to point me in the right direction to solve it.
>
> I am running CM10 on the SGS3, which is not only IPv6 capable on the cell
> network, but has the long-lived support for the wifi adapter too. However,
> native Android applications do not seem to be able to use it.
>
> Example: ConnectBot won't connect to my desktop, aloe.trausch.us, but if
> I use ConnectBot to pull up a local terminal, I can use ssh from the
> command line to get to it.
>
> I have failed to find the cause of this problem. Has anyone run into it
> and possibly, perchance, a solution to it?

.!# RichardBronosky #!.