[ale] [Slightly OT] Prolific

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Nov 7 15:21:44 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 10:33 -0800, Alex Carver wrote:
> I've had good luck with the Keyspan adapters.  I have a one-port and a
> four-port unit and both work fine.  Haven't popped them open to examine
> the chipset.  However, I haven't had a problem with renumbering ports
> when plugging into different USB sockets using them.

I have an 8 port model of one brand (I don't remember what) that works
like a charm under Linux.  I did do some udev rules for persistent
mappings but only be cause it's also hooked up through a 4 port USB
sharing device and sometimes it isn't hooked up and other devices get
the ports out of order.

Regards,
Mike