[ale] OT sort of: youtube search results in Linux

Damon Chesser damon at damtek.com
Wed Nov 7 00:38:07 EST 2012

On 11/06/2012 11:33 AM, Damon Chesser wrote:
> OK, so there is a bit of irony here for you, I will let you find it:
>
> In-law posted a vid of "stupid Romney supporters" who were interviewed.
> Now we all know there are stupid "insert name" supporters for
> everybody.  So I went to youtube and searched for "stupid Obama
> supporters" with the intent of posting back a good nature retort.
>
> Not one of the "stupid Obama supporters" videos worked.
>
> All of the "stupid Romney supporters" videos, that I searched for to
> troubleshoot, worked.
>
> This bothered me greatly.  Youtube is not the government, they can
> censor anything they like, but it bothered me.
>
> I booted into windows and now the "Stupid Obama supporters" videos all
> worked!  Phew no censors.
>
> No explanation. No moralizing,  and I am sure you can see irony.
>
> On a separate issue, I searched for Mossberg ar15 in Google and only
> found parts to buy, search for it in bing (shudder) and I get links to
> business selling Mossberg ar15s.  Not sure what is going on there yet.
>
> Discus.

Well,  others seem to say they don't have any issue in their Linux, I am
running Sabayon x64 if that makes a difference.

Thanks David for the link on opting out of Google, good info, I will
follow up with reading that and Aaron's post.  David, if you work for
Google, then we know you are evil, same way I am, I voted Republican and
identify with Libertarian.  Oh, I work for a Bank also ;)

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon at damtek.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dchesser