[ale] OT: Younger brother in Afghanistan

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:45:57 EST 2012

On 2012/11/05, at 15:07 , Jonathan Meek wrote:

> Guys,
>
> My younger brother has deployed to Afghanistan as of Nov 1. He is a
> field artillery guy with the 101st Airborne and set to be out on tour
> for 9 months. Whatever your personal beliefs call for in situations
> like this, I ask as a friend that you do so on behalf of my brother.
> I, along with all our family & friends, am counting down the days
> until he comes home.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan

Dear Jonathan:

Rather than offer intangible hopes or prayers for your brother's safe
return, I took deliberate, informed and positive action today with the
potential to insure not only his future well being, but that of all the
human beings with whom we share this planet, especially those who
continue to suffer and die from the physical destruction, torture, mass
murder and economic devastation resulting from the arrogant military
imperialist invasions and occupations of the United States of America,
it's institutions of fascist industrial capitalism, and the genocidal
"Department of Deficits" death machine industry that squanders
our commonwealth in perpetual wars like the one your brother
has tragically chosen to participate in.

The action I took was casting my vote for Dr. Jill Stein for U.S.
President
as a legitimate Georgia write in candidate representing the Green Party.
I further insured that my actions on behalf of your brother's safe
return
and for bringing true democracy and election integrity to America will
actually count by voting with the evidence of a paper ballot.

This action to insure the safety and well being of your brother and
the survival of the human race was available to almost everyone
in this nation today, and is still available to anyone who hasn't yet
voted in the Presidential election.  If enough of our fellow citizens
are moral people of  conscience, your brother should be home
by February.

in peace, and for peace,
Aaron Ruscetta