[ale] OT sort of: youtube search results in Linux

Damon Chesser damon at damtek.com
Tue Nov 6 11:33:38 EST 2012

OK, so there is a bit of irony here for you, I will let you find it:

In-law posted a vid of "stupid Romney supporters" who were interviewed.
Now we all know there are stupid "insert name" supporters for
everybody.  So I went to youtube and searched for "stupid Obama
supporters" with the intent of posting back a good nature retort.

Not one of the "stupid Obama supporters" videos worked.

All of the "stupid Romney supporters" videos, that I searched for to
troubleshoot, worked.

This bothered me greatly.  Youtube is not the government, they can
censor anything they like, but it bothered me.

I booted into windows and now the "Stupid Obama supporters" videos all
worked!  Phew no censors.

No explanation. No moralizing,  and I am sure you can see irony.

On a separate issue, I searched for Mossberg ar15 in Google and only
found parts to buy, search for it in bing (shudder) and I get links to
business selling Mossberg ar15s.  Not sure what is going on there yet.

Discus.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon at damtek.com