[ale] Using wireless KB on KVM switch

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Nov 2 08:27:59 EDT 2012

I have no idea if this is a universal situation or not but here goes.
My keyboard quit working this morning.  So I grabbed my wireless
keyboard that I carry with my netbook when I need to actually do work.
It's a Logitech KB and mouse combo, but I was just using the KB.  I
replace the KB (usb) by plugging the dongle into the KVM.  It didn't
work.  I then decided to test to see if the dongle needed to go in the
mouse usb port on the KVM.  Yes.

So the bottom line is that if you try to get a wireless KB/mouse combo
working try putting the dongle in the mouse port.

Jim.