[ale] OT: Windows 8 Open Source development crippled

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:22:17 EDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 07:33 PM, Justin Goldberg wrote:
> So much for Developers Developers Developers Developers who-whooooooooooooo!

I think most of the new developers will be doing Android, whcih we are
perfectly geared to assist with. The desktop of the future is the tablet
and the faster we accelerate that the faster Winderz becomes a has-been.

Platform growth is generally about brain-share. Linux beat BSD mostly
because companies grew it and contributed back to the brain share. Red
Hat beat most of the others distributions because they got a lot of
brain-share engaged.

As much as I think Java is bloat-ware, Android gives it a new lease on
life and is the next thing for 5-10 years.

Leam