[ale] OT: Windows 8 Open Source development crippled

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Wed May 30 13:02:47 EDT 2012

Yeah, saw this.  I think Ballmer is shooting himself in the foot here.
 The next generation of programmers is gonna be raised on linux or
Macs, 'cause that's where they can develop simple command-line
programs with low-level interfaces to learn the craft.  You cannot
realistically expect a young, inexperienced coder to understand
"Hello, World" when it's embedded deep inside 800 lines of
javascript//html5 generated from some automated development tool.

-- CHS