[ale] [OT] Life north of ATL?

Benjie benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:43:25 EDT 2012

I commute from Roswell to midtown, and I can say that the morning ride from
Holcomb Bridge road to North Springs station varies from 15-45 minutes
everyday, and the red line from North Springs to Art Center Station is
about 20 minutes.  GA 400 traffic is bad from 7 AM to 9:30 AM, and the
train ridership has been going up over the past year ( some mornings if I
am late to the train, it can be standing room only.)  I do get a lot of
reading done on the train, and more often than not it is more relaxing than
fighting traffic in and out of Atlanta.  Also, Roswell has been a very
pleasant place to live for the past 8 years.  There are a lot of awsome
parks ( some dog park areas where dogs can be off lead), good recreational
programs for my kids at both the park centers and at the Y, and the way of
life has been a little more relaxed.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Cameron Kilgore <ghostfreeman at gmail.com>wrote:

> It's boring. Like any ATL suburb when you're young and stupid.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On May 23, 2012, at 7:56 PM, "simontek at gmail.com" <simontek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > What's wrong with John's creek?
> >
> > On , Bob Toxen <transam at verysecurelinux.com> wrote:
> > > Pick a place close to an express bus, preferable a bus to the end of a
> > >
> > > MARTA train.  There's also a bus from John's Creek if that area
> > >
> > > interests you.  (John's Creek is Fulton County, which should be avoided
> > >
> > > for tax reasons.  Consider Cobb or Gwinnett.)  The Duluth Malls
> probably
> > >
> > > would interest your wife.
> > >

> > > While on bus and train, you have time to read, hack on your laptop,
> etc.
> > >
> > > However, the bus will be in traffic just as driving - but you can use
> > >
> > > the time.
> > >

> > > Consider near to the end of the MARTA trains, Sandy Springs or somewhat
> > >
> > > close to Doraville or Brookhaven (Brookhaven is pricy now and crime in
> > >
> > > Doraville city is a problem).
> > >

> > > I live in southern Duluth near Peachtree Industrial, and there's a
> great
> > >
> > > back way to the Doraville train station.  That has worked very well for
> > >
> > > me in the past.  You have greater flexibility in location, of course.
> > >

> > > Bob

> then

> dogs.

> > > See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at

"The most important thing to remember about drunks is that drunks are far
more intelligent than non-drunks. They spend a lot of time talking in pubs,
unlike workaholics who concentrate on their careers and ambitions, who
never develop their higher spiritual values, who never explore the insides
of their head like a drunk does."  -- Shane McGowan