[ale] [OT] Life north of ATL?

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:55:14 EDT 2012

On 05/23/2012 10:24 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> I drive to Chattanooga fairly often and can say that going up I-75 in the afternoon though slow does move for the most part.     However, I often try to leave at 4 PM to avoid the brunt of it.
>
> When I worked in Alpharetta coming down 400 in the afternoon was so horrible that I often waited until 6 PM or 7 PM to leave the office as I'd get home just as soon.    Unfortunately there are no good back road routes - driving across from 400 to 75 (or 575) was always slower than driving all the way down to 285 and going back up 75.   By all accounts it has gotten even worse in the years since I left that job.   The latest idea of using the shoulder on 400 shows how bad it is and how desperate traffic managers are for ANY idea no matter how bad.
>
> However, Cobb County, doesn't have Marta trains so the OP's post about getting on red line makes me think he wants to do train part of the way.   Cobb does have CCT which will do transfers to Marta but I don't know the details of if they have any express busses that will go directly to a Marta train station.
There are several expresses buses from Cobb and Cherokee (Marietta,
Kennesaw, Woodstock, and Canton) with free parking available at the bus
stop. Check GRTA and CCT websites for information. I have ridden the
express buses from both, not recently. They do connect directly with
MARTA, you often will need a free transfer.