[ale] help providing stable power to pc's to ride through storms

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed May 23 07:48:20 EDT 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Neal Rhodes wrote:

> The original Best Ferrups UPS would be the most effective lightening
> protection.

Had one for the main routers at an ISP. Absolutely awesome UPS's.
Heavy and expensive, wish they still made them.
You can still buy ferroresonant transformers, if you can afford one.

http://www.constantvoltagetransformercvt.com/ferro-resonant-transformer.html

then plug your UPS into one of those.

Looked interesting.

I've also spent the extra bucks for PC Power and Cooling power supplies:

http://www.pcpower.com

Had a 750 watt one that you could move the power cord from one outlet to
another (quickly) without glitching the server.