[ale] [Semi-OT] Cygwin Question

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Thu May 17 15:26:31 EDT 2012

On 05/17/2012 03:19 PM, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> Thanks, Brian.  I'm starting it using the Desktop icon that setup.exe
> makes.  It turns out that a large part of the problem is that there's
> also an installation of MKS Toolkit (which provides bash, Korn, and C
> shells) on the same machine and it looks as though it and Cygwin
> interfere in such a way that it's really the MKS Toolkit binaries that
> Cygwin is using.  I may forgo using Cygwin i.l.o. MKS just to not have
> to reverse-engineer a way for the two apps to coexist.

Good to know.

Probably all you need to do is put Cygwin before MKS in the system path,
so that the system will prefer the cygwin versions.  But I assume that
if MKS is installed then there must be a reason, and it would likely
mean breaking MKS and whatever depends on it then.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”