[ale] [Semi-OT] Cygwin Question

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Thu May 17 15:19:19 EDT 2012

Thanks, Brian.  I'm starting it using the Desktop icon that setup.exe
makes.  It turns out that a large part of the problem is that there's
also an installation of MKS Toolkit (which provides bash, Korn, and C
shells) on the same machine and it looks as though it and Cygwin
interfere in such a way that it's really the MKS Toolkit binaries that
Cygwin is using.  I may forgo using Cygwin i.l.o. MKS just to not have
to reverse-engineer a way for the two apps to coexist.