[ale] I really incredibly exponentially hate ubuntu unity

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:03:38 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:

> **
>
>  It’s funny to me that after all this time Canonical has not listened to
> mass screaming of its erstwhile fan boys

2 things.

1. Canonical has had a long history of "our way or go away" mentality.
 Some like this, others not so much.
2. People screaming does not make them fanboys.   I've played that strawman
card too on occasion and it can be effective, but it's petty and I'd like
to think most people on this list are above it.

That said, I don't use Unity having gone to Mint some time ago, and a lot
of Ron's gripes seem valid to me.  #5, though comes from Apple's UI, no?  I
thought that was something that most people got used to and "would never go
back" to once the lack of familiarity thing wore off.   (Or have I just
listened to too many Apple fanboys?  ;-)