[ale] Mac's version of BSD

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed May 16 21:35:54 EDT 2012

Unfortunately, non-technical people seldom, if ever, notice the nuances of
error messages.  She didn't call me when these crashes happened and it
never occurred to her to save the error messges. Sigh!
But iPhoto can be hard to deal with.  It only wants you to organize and
utilize your pix using its interface. I never could figure out where it was
hiding the actual images.  Organizing images the way YOU want to organize
them is, at best, counter-intuitive with iPhoto.  I never could figure out
how to do it.  Early on, I made it clear that if she wanted to use iPhoto,
she was on her own.
The only remaining issue is how to drive a silver plated stake through its
heart.  The damn thing won't go away.  Put an SD card in a reader plugged
into her Mac and the only option available is download the images into
iPhoto. ARGhhhhhh!!!!!!

Sean,

who has issues with Apple's attitude of "The Apple Way or the highway."