[ale] semiOT: TV to wireless box.

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue May 15 18:40:47 EDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 05:41 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Does anybody have good experience with brand and model USB TV tuner under Linux?

You've probably already found this: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Digital_Tuner_Cards

Just because a device is in that list, does not mean it is supported or even
easy to get working.  Some devices will have "issues" even if they work.

I've never been able to get MythTV working with my hardware, but admit that I
stopped trying about 3 years ago.  My USB 950Q is listed as supported now, but
it required manual kernel module builds back then.

I can highly recommend the HD-Homerun types of devices, just like Keith did. I
own the HDHR3 model.