[ale] I really incredibly exponentially hate ubuntu unity

Vernard Martin vernard at venger.net
Tue May 15 17:13:30 EDT 2012

>> Warning - ranting follows. Apologies in advance to anyone who likes
>> Ubuntu Unity. I've been using a Ubuntu 11.10 live cd to do some disk
>> maintenance. I have to vent, here, or I'm going to have to break some
>> fragile objects in the house. By the way, I know I've said some of
>> this before. After all the careful consideration and observation and
>> pondering I can stand, I have concluded that:
> You and I are on the same page here...  The MINUTE I realized that Unity
> broke NX and that half the libraries had been deprecated in Ubuntu while
> still "keeping" the freenx package (which could not be installed because
> the dependencies could not be satisfied), I immediately started removing
> Ubuntu from every system in my possession that was still running it.

Yeah, I find it amusing that the very reasons that Ubuntu was considered
better than Debian was that it was closer to the edge than the trailing
edge. Not that its blazing its own trail in the bleeding edge zone, its
losing users by droves.

I am forced to use it for a few things at work and I have found that
everything past 10.04 makes me nervous.