[ale] How to get Apache 2.2 to authenticate via PAM

John Knight john at classiccitytelco.com
Mon May 14 19:39:27 EDT 2012

Hi Ray,

I'm not sure of a proper replacement if there is one, however the
mod_auth_pam package is available for RHEL/CentOS/Scientific 6.x in the
EPEL repository.

If you want to continue to use this package, you can add the EPEL
repository by adding the following package (it is the same for 32-bit
and 64-bit):

http://mirror.cogentco.com/pub/linux/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-6.noarch.rpm

Afterwards you can use yum to install mod_auth_pam and then reload apache.

Example (as root):

# rpm -Uvh
http://mirror.cogentco.com/pub/linux/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-6.noarch.rpm
# yum update; yum -y install mod_auth_pam
# /etc/init.d/httpd reload

*John Knight*
Classic City Telco LLC
*Email:* john at classiccitytelco.com *|* *Main:* (706) 995-0200
*Direct:* (706) 995-0201 *|* *Mobile:* (678) 308-0322

CCT Enterprise Linux 6.2.15 is released! Click here to learn more
<http://www.classiccitytelco.com/?page_id=488>