[ale] [Somewhat OT] DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliance

Matthew simontek at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:27:59 EDT 2012

I am 8570, I do IA up here in Indiana, the navy.mil address that signed up
recently is me. Contact me offlist if you need the LPIC 1/Linux+ book.

Currently working on LPIC II and RHCE, And CISSP. Security Clearance is a
pain. You will need to fill out an SF-86 form, when you get a job that
requires it. Secret lasts 10 years, and TSC is 5?. Clearancejobs.com will
be your best friend afterwards.

http://www.opm.gov/forms/html/sf.asp (unclassified) so you can check it out
(I grabbed it via google).

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Leam Hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a note for those who may be looking at the job market. ATL has a
> lot of Department of Defense contractors in the area and all through GA.
> One of the big things that will attract you to recruiters is being DoD
> 8570 IAT Level II complaint.
>
> This is actually easier than you might think. It requires an OS and a
> Security certification. Linux+ and a Security+ will take care of that
> for you. You must have both, but of course you can go further with RHCE,
> LPIC II/III, CISSP, etc...
>
> The other good cert to have is ITIL v3 Foundations. Go in with some
> friends to get the book and training set from The Art of Service, it's
> about $90. Of the ones I've seen TAoS is the best. I passed the test but
> I've been using ITIL, unknowingly, for years.
>
> If you want to get a job with a clearance be prepared to answer a lot of
> questions, document where all you've lived and worked, and do lots more
> questions. Half a forest dies every time someone applies for a
> clearance. Don't get upset about your privacy; be honest. If that sort
> of thing isn't for you then don't gripe if they don't change the system
> to meet your expectations.
>
> Like any corporate job it has ups and downs. You can prepare yourself to
> have a better chance with some simple certifications and documented work
> experience.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Leam
>   -- No, I'm not a recruiter nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

SimonTek
912-398-6704