[ale] semiOT: TV to wireless box.

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:09:10 EDT 2012

Just an idea in my head. Our house is surrounded by small hills so
almost to TV reception here (except FOX5). So I'm thinking of Linux
box with enough CPU power, HDTV tuner, good wireless antenna and to
put all this on the tree up on the hill :) Battery powered + solar
panel for charging. So the box should have web interface for channel
selection and have to stream video/audio to my laptop hooked to my TV
(UDP or HTTP). What do you guys think. I know there is many
alternatives but sound like interesting project.