[ale] ot - FM transmitter makes good GPS jammer

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue May 8 11:50:26 EDT 2012

Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

>On 05/08/2012 10:41 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
>>

>> Geoffrey Myers<lists at serioustechnology.com>  wrote:

>>> now
>>> boom
>>> tablet
>>> without
>>> power.
>>>
>>> I've had two different such FM transmitters and both really
>>> provided lousy sound.  You might consider replacing your auto sound
>>> system with one that has an input jack.  That's what I did with my
>>> truck.
>>
>> Hi Geoffrey,
>>
>> That's a good idea to keep in mind.  However, it's really not worth
>> the trouble for me.  I guess I'll just use the boom box for now.  I
>> have to choose carefully where I spend my money.
>
>I hear that.  For me, I got the 'new truck' bug, so instead, I went out
>
>and upgraded the sound system for less then one month payment on a new
>truck.  Gotta love owning my vehicle.

I know what you're saying.  I've been wanting a new Mustang ever since they went back to the old design style a few years ago, not to mention the fact that the new engine technology is amazing.  It has occurred to me, several times, that my Toyota Camry does pretty much every thing a Mustang would, except screeching tires.  The Toyota just doesn't do those things as quickly.  The Toyota probably gets better gas mileage, and probably hauls more people and cargo.  The idea of a new $ 500 / month car payment is definitely NOT appealing, and I don't have $ 30 K sitting around to put into it.  So, same as you, I'm keeping my old ride.

Ron