[ale] Fwd: Jim - cannot post this message to ALE, please post for me

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue May 8 10:10:49 EDT 2012

You're correct.   I forgot about ships because I've never taken a cruise.

The official site PDF at http://travel.state.gov/pdf/ppt_pptCard.pdf

Says:
"Valid when entering the United States
from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean
and Bermuda at land border crossings
or sea ports-of-entry. Not valid for
international travel by air."

My read of that is it wouldn't be valid for a cruise across the Atlantic from Europe.  (Do they even do those any more, I wonder?)

The sentence is funny as it seems to imply there are land border crossings with the Caribbean and Bermuda even though that isn't its intent.
(Before anyone says it:  The Florida Keys don't count because no passport is required drving back from from them to the rest of the US even if Key West calls itself the "Conch Republic".  :p)