[ale] [OT] Clear Internet

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Sun May 6 02:11:54 EDT 2012

I am a subscriber however I don't use it as my daily Internet pipe.  So I can't
really speak to how reliable it is in that regard.  I does drop carrier from
time to time however it usually comes right back within a second or two with no
connection artifacts.  I've even watched streaming video and had it briefly drop
and reconnect w/o having to rebuffer.  I'm not sure I'd trust it for gaming
though.

I also turn it on during the local historical computing club meetings and
multiple people are able to access the Internet concurrently.  It's a battery
powered device with 4-6 hours of life on a full charge depending on signal
strength.

I do travel a lot and it's absolutely fabulous in that respect.  I've come to
rely on having a very fast and available hot spot for both my laptop and iPhone
in most any major city.  No more worries about hotel or airport WiFi or finding
a McDonalds or Starbucks

-Alan