[ale] ot - FM transmitter makes good GPS jammer

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:19:14 EDT 2012

that sounds more like an internal power issue. The device draws more power
on a bus that is available for both the gps and it to run to gps falls down.

To see if it's actually radio interference, check you cell phone gps next
to it and see if it also chokes.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) <
atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> I have one of those cheap fm transmitters that broadcasts audio from a
> portable device to the car stereo.  It works great to send sound from my
> tablet to the car.  However, it also jams the tablet's GPS system.  When
> I plug in the transmitter, the number of satellites the tablet has a fix
> on goes from 6 or more to 1 or zero immediately.  The GPS fails to
> work.  If I unplug the fm transmitter, the GPS works again.  Anyone ever
> seen that happen?
>
> Ron
>

> --
>
> (To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
> messages prior to 03/31/12 with my personal address will go to the wrong
> address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

> Ron Frazier
>
> 770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
> linuxdude AT techstarship.com

James P. Kinney III