[ale] ext4 in RHEL5.8

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Tue Mar 20 16:08:00 EDT 2012

On 03/20/2012 04:00 PM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Anyone using ext4 in later RHEL5 (5.6, 5.7 or 5.8) subversions?   I was
> under the impression it was working properly in the later ones (where it
> was not recommended in the earlier ones).    Any issues you’ve run
> across using it in later subversions?

One would have to likely compare the kernel source for ext4 against the
upstream to see what "real" version the driver is at.  If it still
compares to the early stages of the driver, than it wouldn't be
advisable to use it.

The real question is, how much have they patched the kernel that they have?

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”