[ale] Jr/Staff Solution Architect job at Red Hat

Joseph Scalia jscalia at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 11:09:32 EDT 2012

Good Morning Alers,

I am a Solution Architect manager at Red Hat.  We have posted a new position for an SA in our Atlanta office (Buckhead).  The listed job requirements are soft reqs, especially around SE and experience with other Red Hat products.  What we are looking for is motivated, smart, Linux savvy individuals who want to be influential in a dedicated Open Source company.

Please see the link below and feel free to contact me with any questions.

https://careers.redhat.com/ext/detail?redhat9212

Inside Solution Architect (Platform)
Job ID: 9212
Job Category: Sales Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States

Job Summary
Red Hat's Services organization is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) to
support our rapidly growing inside sales team to understand and position
Red Hat technologies and services in relation to customer business
problems and technology challenges. Specific activities include product
presentations and remote demos. A Red Hat Inside Solutions Architect
will have industry experience with enterprise computing, will possess
strong written and oral communications skills, feel comfortable
presenting via phone and remote desktop technologies, and be able to
work well individually as well as part of a larger team.

Primary Responsibilities:
* Present Red Hat products, and technical proposals to potential
customers on complex operating systems and design value driven
architectures, explain the application and ROI of those solutions.
* Support the sales team by delivering compelling recommendations which
directly result in the closing of new sales.
* Lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of
solutions to meet customer needs.
* Ensure revenue quota, deployment, and service objectives are met while
maintaining a high level of prospect/customer satisfaction.
* Prepare detailed product specifications and implements detailed
customer installation plans.
* Act as technical point of contact for prospects, customers, and the
sales team. Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical
information on specific applications.

Job Requirements
* RHCE, or ability to complete within 90 days of date of hire.
* 1-2 years experience as a Sales Engineer, including architecting and
implementing Linux or Unix software solutions.
* Strong communication and technical skills with a proven track record
of developing relationships at engineering, commercial and CxO levels
throughout organizations.
* Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about open source technologies and
community-based development.
* Strong knowledge of UNIX / Linux systems, preferably in Red Hat
platform products including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Network
Satellite and other related technologies.
* Able and willing to continually develop skills and technical knowledge.

678-871-9563
jscalia at redhat.com