[ale] Grub2 in May or June

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Mar 19 13:55:50 EDT 2012

Ah!

No, I just wasn't sure what you'd meant. Could be because it has been ages
since I used LILO. The very mention of it recalls memories of my first
Slackware installs.

I adopted GRUB a long time ago because I used to be a chronic recompiler of
the kernel, and since LILO used block lists to load the kernel and initrd
(and once every so often I invariably forgot to update said block lists) it
was very inconvenient.

The last time something told me it had to use LILO for my setup, I went
behind its back and installed GRUB2.  :)