[ale] Failing GRUB

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:06:10 EDT 2012

Problem "solved"!

It turns out that on occasion GRUB does not like YaST (SuSE's
administration tool). I had copied the "menu.lst" from IDE's
/boot/grub to iso/boot/grub, hook, line and sinker. This file had a
lot of YaST stuff in it. Removing that produced a bootable cd for my
hp laptop.

I am still puzzled by the fact that on my regular PC this YaST stuff
did not cause a problem
when making a bootable cd, same OS, same procedure.

Thanks for the responses. Is anybody out there using GRUB2?

Cor