[ale] What belongs on Top or Bottom Centos or Fedora?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:37:25 EST 2012

Go with CentOS, it Enterprise Class, Fedora is kinda of a Dev. OS, by
that I means Fedora comes out everyone plays with it, what works and
is stable is push into the next release of Red Hat/CentOS. So if you
want Stable, CentOS. You want to the latest flavor that could be sweet
today and sour tomorrow, Fedora.

One thing to keep in mind. If it going to be production, always go
with Stable and if possible Enterprise class.

That my two cent.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 8 March 2012 11:05, Neal Rhodes <neal at mnopltd.com> wrote:
>> I'm thinking that it makes more sense to have the most stable OS as the
>> "real" installed OS.   Otherwise I'm faced with wondering what major hunk of
>> hardware will be broken in this Fedora update.   And having another "won't
>> boot" experience leaves us totally in the lurch.   So I'm thinking A makes
>> the most sense.   What that does give up is access to any groovy new KVM or
>> Kernel related features in the latest version of Fedora.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Fedora releases only get 13 months of support so unless you like
> upgrading your servers regularly, Fedora isn't a good choice.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle
>
> Jeremy Bicha

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 8-10, 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org