[ale] bulletin board type of apps for linux

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Mar 1 09:27:43 EST 2012

On 03/01/2012 08:53 AM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> On 02/29/2012 09:46 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
>> Sorry for my ignorance but isnt Wordpress a website ?
>>
>> or
>>
>> is it a sep dowload that can sit on an Apache Server ?
>>
>> Any good links on this ?
>> -Narahari
> Both, or either.  However you want.  You can install Wordpress on most
> any box running Apache.  The wordress.com site is a place for public
> blogs.  The wordpress.org site is where you can download a copy for your
> own system.  It installs very easily.

Which tools have you already researched?
I'd suspect you would prefer Java-based solutions?

If you are really looking for a project tracking tool, Redmine has a wiki,
forum, document repository and bug tracker built-into a single tool. Each is
project based, so different "projects" have different forums, wikis, etc. It
will also hook up to your VCS for each project, if you like.  You can customize
the fields. The defaults are reasonable.

You can easily disable (in the web admin GUI) any features you do not want.
Redmine will easily connect to your LDAP DB for use authentication.