[ale] Business Class Internet -> Less Than 2 Year Contract Agreement

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sat Jun 30 12:57:55 EDT 2012

On 06/30/2012 11:50 AM, Andrew Wade wrote:
> The problem I am running into is that there is a fair chance I'll be
> moving somewhere else in the city in a year.  Since the contract is tied
> to your street address and is not transferable, do you know of any
> workarounds to push the contract to be binding to only 1 year?   If I
> skip out early, I have to pay for the remainder of the contract in one
> big check.

If you move out of the Comcast service area, they will waive the
remainder of the contract.

If the destination of your move is within a Comcast service area, they
will "transfer" the contract that you have with them.  They do that by
cancelling the older contract, and creating a new one at your new
address but for only the remainder of your contract duration.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”