[ale] Business Class Internet -> Less Than 2 Year Contract Agreement

Andrew Wade andrewiwade at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 11:50:59 EDT 2012

As some of us have talked about before, I want to get the Business Class
Interent from Comcast.

The problem I am running into is that there is a fair chance I'll be moving
somewhere else in the city in a year.  Since the contract is tied to your
street address and is not transferable, do you know of any workarounds to
push the contract to be binding to only 1 year?   If I skip out early, I
have to pay for the remainder of the contract in one big check.

I did think about renting my house with the internet utility cost included,
but that puts me on the hook for any misdoings a renter may do on the net.

On a side note:
For those who don't know, you can apparently get a higher quality of
customer service by using the Comcast twitter help:
http://twitter.com/comcastcares

Even further, Comcast no longer has the 250GB / mo on residential cap!
 They just charge after 300GB in two new approaches based on your internet
plan tier (Comcast
Article<http://blog.comcast.com/2012/05/comcast-to-replace-usage-cap-with-improved-data-usage-management-approaches.html>)
 -> Which is why I want to leave.. they are taking the cell phone company
approach or the itunes approach making you pay this huge bill when you
break your threashold.