[ale] distributed network file system

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Jun 26 15:24:16 EDT 2012

Robert, if you really meant to spell it the way you did, I apologize and
humbly request a link to the project so that I can learn more about it.
Otherwise...

Not really a nit but just a pointer for folks who want to google for RLH's
nice suggestion: I always mix up the letters in DRBD, but it helps to
remember that the last two stand for "block device".

I think it's worth mentioning that in addition to distributed filesystems,
there have been a lot of new systems that are more like big storage
containers, where you look up a value by providing a key.  They came out of
the distributed hash table research in the early 2000s, so you can find
them by following the DHT links on wikipedia.  If you don't need full
filesystem semantics and you want the number of nodes and locations to grow
a lot, they might be interesting.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Robert L. Harris <robert.l.harris at gmail.com

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/