[ale] Scott C - comcast trouble?

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:25:46 EDT 2012

On 06/22/2012 11:12 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Scott,
>
> I was just wondering how that copyright issue you were having with
comcast turned out. Did you survive with your skin intact?

> Sincerely,
>
> Ron
>

> --
>
> Sent from my Android Acer A500 tablet with bluetooth keyboard and K-9
Mail.
> Please excuse my potential brevity.
>
> (To whom it may concern. My email address has changed. Replying to former
> messages prior to 03/31/12 with my personal address will go to the wrong
> address. Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

> call on the phone. I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy
> mailing lists and such. I don't always see new email messages very
quickly.)

> Ron Frazier
> 770-205-9422 (O) Leave a message.
> linuxdude AT techstarship.com <http://techstarship.com>

Actually I got a new AP/router by ASUS. It's the n66u that we had been
talking about. It has provisions for setting up 4 wireless networks/band
for a total of 8. 3 on each band are for guests with one private. I
found that our phones will remain connected even when I set up to not
broadcast and run in dark mode. The D-Link as soon as I stopped
broadcasting the dammed phones would drop their connection and the Nook
would also have frequent WiFi issues, even with the AP broadcasting. Now
no issues, signal levels seem to stay pretty stable not like the D-Link
going up and down like a yoyo. The firmware is actual DD-WRT with their
own web interface (although not 100% on the interface part). ASUS even
have a few HowTos on Flashing Tomato on it on their Forums. I had run
into a YouTube video, (haven't played it yet just saw a listing on
YouTube for it).

Ever since I got the new router I haven't noticed any "attack" attempts
so for now I think my problem maybe gone with the downloading crap with
RIAA. Also there is a thread here about Comcast denying access to
subscriber records. Someone else as well had pointed out that that issue
involved pornography and not the more mainstream media corporapists. I
had found it a little disbelieving since Comcast now owns (at least a
controlling share as I seem to remember some mention of a second party
involved on the initial announcement) NBC who owns Universal who is a
member of the MPAA. These reports are from both the MPAA and RIAA that
Comcast had emailed me about. Now the person that my wife spoke to
indicated that as far as Comcast was concerned it was a non issues that
I didn't need to worry about it. Yeah, RIGHT!!! Please refer to  the
sentence about Comcast owning NBC, so needles to say I trust Comcast as
far as I can through 30 Rock, and last I checked I was unable to pick up
30 Rockefeller Plaza let alone throw it.