[ale] OT: interview. Tie? Jacket?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 18:35:13 EDT 2012

Depends on the company. Suit never hurts but might put of some really laid
back places. The good news from that is you can quickly shed the jacket and
loosen the tie as soon as you enter the room and use that quick action as
an ice breaker. It also indicates an ability to be flexible. You can also
ask if they would be more comfortable not looking at your tie.

But I ALWAYS wear my Tux tie to interviews :-)

you can't suddenly ditch the sandals and put on the coat and tie in the
other format.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com
> wrote:

> So I've got an interview tomorrow. First in a while. What is the current
> acceptable attire? Tie, jacket, suit?
>
> --
> >From my iPhone
> Geoffrey Myers