[ale] USB reset error in dmesg

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Fri Jun 15 17:09:39 EDT 2012

The plot thickens:  found the MS USB mouse is at issue...

- The low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3 is the Microsoft
3-Button Mouse as / class/ input/ input0 on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.1

- dmesg indicates:  PCI: cache line size of 32 is not supported by
device 0000:00:1d.0

- I can see the USB 2.0, and EHCI 1.00 driver started for this device as
well

Observation of the mouse shows power blinking-off periodically.
Keyboard (USB) acts like it has sticking keys periodically.  I suspect
this will goof-up most anything attached to the USB bus.

I have been trying some kernel parameters to grub.conf but no
improvement thus far to the mouse.  (Only got rid of an issue concerning
mtrr).  Another hint in this is that when you set the BIOS for
multi-monitor support the problem goes away.  (Yes, I know we could set
that and leave it but that's not the point.  Need to find the fix for
this other than a workaround like 6.x or the BIOS setting).

TIA.......Rich