[ale] OT Are you using QR codes on business cards and how

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Jun 14 16:30:42 EDT 2012

I'm curious as to how many people are still using business cards.

I have boxes full that I never give out. For me, and maybe for a lot of other people, if it isn't in my contacts on my phone or my email, it's clutter that gets lost.

I haven't given out a business card in a couple of years, and very few before that.

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Ron Frazier (ALE)" <atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> 6/14/2012   04:26 PM >>>
Hi all,

I'm thinking about ordering some business cards / contact cards to give to people I meet while going back to school to learn programming and for later use when I start job hunting. I'm wanting to incorporate QR codes (2 dimensional bar codes) into the cards. I've done some googling and this seems to be a popular tactic. I'm wondering if any of you are doing this. My sister has a specialty merchandise business and can get the printing done for me. I'm more interested in how you design, create, and use the QR codes.

A) How are you using QR codes in the realm of professional networking?

B) Are you using them on business cards? Resumes?

C) What type of QR code are you using, contact, web link, text, other?

D) What did you use to generate the QR code?

E) What size / version should it be and how much information can you cram in and still have good readability?

F) If it has web links in it, where are you sending the recipient's web browser?

G) What is your favorite Android QR code reader?

My current, outdated, business card has my Name, Degree, Phones, and Email on the front. I plan to put a contact QR code with the same data there. It has a short list of me experience and interests on the back. I plan to put a text QR code with that data on the back.

I'd appreciate any ideas and information you can share on the subject, as well as any pitfalls I need to watch out for.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern. My email address has changed. Replying to former
address. Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

call on the phone. I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy
mailing lists and such. I don't always see new email messages very quickly.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O) Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report it: http://control.eastcobbgroup.com:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=6462&srvid=16vl15t