[ale] Comcast getting fed up

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:48:40 EDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 11:47 AM, Brian Mathis wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Jay Lozier <jslozier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The following link is to a story of Torrentfreak. Comcast is apparently
>> beginning to refuse to obey RIAA/MPAA/etc. subpoenas and is challenging
>> them as essentially extortion by the various plaintiffs.
>>
>> http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-protests-shake-down-of-alleged-bittorrent-pirates-120612/
>>
>> --
>> Jay Lozier
>> jslozier at gmail.com
>
> Boy, sometimes you have to hate them, other times you have to love them.
>
> ❧ Brian Mathis
>From what I have been reading, Verizon usually wins when they challenge
the subpoenas. Also, some judges have ruled that the IP address does not
mean the account holder is automatically the guilty party. One judge
listed 6 reasons for his ruling thus indicating suing the account holder
successfully would require more evidence of guilt than just matching an
IP address to an account holder.