[ale] Can't Boot! Need Super Block Wizard

mdkliman at aol.com mdkliman at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 20:22:08 EDT 2012

When the system failed, the disk drives weren't on-line.  Now they are.

The full error message is:

An error occurred during the file system check.
Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance (or type Ctrl-D to continue);

Checking file systems
 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol100

Setting clock [OK]
:
:
Setting host name dbl.mtmservices.com

Setting up Logical Volume Management:
  /dev/hda:  open failed:  No medium found.
  Attempt to close device '/dev/hda' which is not open.
  2 logical volumes in volume group "VolGroup00" non active
                                          [OK]

Checking filesystems
  /dev/VolGoup00/LogVol00:  clean, 92521/17661952 files, 1846283/17645568 blocks

/boot: recovery journal
 fsck xet3:  unable to set super block flags on boot [FAILED]

Does that help?