[ale] [OT] AT&T/UVerse going to carrier grade NAT?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Jun 7 13:53:46 EDT 2012

On 06/07/2012 11:54 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I didn't even think about UVerse because nowhere on their website do
> they ever mention upstream bandwidth numbers.  They talk about various
> download speeds, but never upstream.  If an ISP can't even be bothered
> to talk about bi-directional speeds then I can't be bothered to consider
> giving them business.

I was pulling a almost a thousand vacation photos from a friend on uVerse a few
weeks ago and never saw more than 400Kbps.  Accessing his network has always
sucked - he hates Comcast more than he hates slow DSL.

When I push similar data to him over Comcast (same endpoints), it is usually
1.5-2Mbps.

Just sayin'.