[ale] need android S3 Backup / Lan Printing

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Jun 1 14:12:00 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve three problems for my tablet and need some advice. I'm running Android 4, Ice Cream Sandwich. The tablet is an Acer Iconia A500. At the moment, I do NOT have root access.

1) I am a Jungledisk user for backing up my data on my PC's to Amazon's S3 servers, so I already have an S3 account. I want to create a new virtual HDD in the Amazon S3 system and schedule routine backups of changed files to the cloud. I have my desktop machines run every 6 hours. I need to be able to select individual files and folders to back up. It would be even better if I can just say backup everything on the internal and external SD "cards" and then exclude what I don't want. Jungledisk lets me do this. That way, if I add a new folder or file, it's automatically backed up. Apparently, Jungledisk is not available for Android, so I'd like suggestions as to how to go about doing this.

2) I'd like to back up my apps and data that are on the internal memory over to the external memory card. Then, I can periodically take that out and put it in my PC and copy the whole card. It would be nice to be able to choose what gets backed up, or operate in the manner described above. For example, I don't need to back up podcasts and audio books, which are both large, since I can re download them from the internet.

3) I need to know the best way of printing to a shared printer on my LAN from the tablet. I want to be able to print web pages and pdf's primarily, but occasionally images, documents, etc. I just want to give the system an IP address and have it send raw print data to the printer.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern. My email address has changed. Replying to former
address. Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

call on the phone. I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy
mailing lists and such. I don't always see new email messages very quickly.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O) Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com