[ale] Low voltage work in GA

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:21:37 EDT 2012

The reason to use plenum cable is not to prevent the cable from starting a
fire.  The conductors are sized large enough for the current so that the
cable will not overheat.  The only reason for plenum cable is that it is
made with fire retardant material and produces less toxic gas in a fire.
Oh, that's two reasons.  The two reasons to use plenum rated cable are ...