[ale] Low voltage work in GA

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Jul 31 13:12:03 EDT 2012

I get that plenum cable is required. That makes sense. What doesn't make
sense is that my read of the NEC 2011 ed (the one that Georgia uses now)
seems to require that in the wall, cat6 must be installed in conduit. I
fail to see the reason for that, if the cable is being used for an
appropriate application, such as gigabit Ethernet, which doesn't even use
the 48VDC that PoE does.