[ale] UNITY on Fedora 17? What the f....

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 09:59:22 EDT 2012

Both unity and gnome3 appear designed for touchscreens only. They both
generally suck for productiveness as a keyboarded desktop that can be
taolored to fit the users workflow.
I've been using gnome3 for a year+ now. I can get things done but it's
clunkier. I loath the application menu. It opens to ALL applications. Why
not most recent? If I have a shell open anywhere and I want another opened
where I am, I have to open a new shell with a different click process
because the designers change what the buttons do in use. If already running
a left click takes me to the currently open shell window.
It's basically gui for dummies.
The screen preview mode displays a title from the active portion of each
window. Why not show the application name or at least it's icon? With 6 or
more open windows on one screen, preview mode text is too small to read.

If I had wanted a f***ing ipad I would have hit my head on a hard object
until I changed my mind.