[ale] HELP NEEDED - Comcast cable Modem and linux-centric home network

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:25:28 EDT 2012

ALErs,

I finally gave up on DSL and signed up for Comcast's cable modem service.

The self-install kit arrives, and after some install issues I have the
device up.  It from SMC, and has built-in router, DHCP server and
Wifi, none of which can be turned off by
the customer.

My initial attempt to hook it up to my Fedora 15 box (after testing
with a WIndows box) failed - it appeared to not be routing requests

Has anyone set a similar system up and could offer pointers/advice?

Thanks,

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps