[ale] [OT] Getting into forensic work

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Jul 10 13:30:05 EDT 2012

On 07/10/2012 12:17 PM, mike at trausch.us wrote:
> I _must_ be misunderstading the requirements of all of this, because I
> simply cannot believe that what I am finding could at all be accurate
> for the things that I want to do.

The DC404 http://dc404.org/ guys might be able to help.  I thought that some
states actually require a PI license, but that GA did not.  Google found this
detailed article
http://www.knfcon.com/newsroom/archive/do-digital-experts-need-pi-license.html ,
which you've probably already seen.

>From another perspective, shouldn't an expert witness in a court require some
formal training plus relevant experience in proper methods?  Looks like the
shortest distance for you is to be hired by an existing company, work their for
2 years in the correct department, then figure out how to start you own
business.  Unless I've read something wrong.