[ale] SAM Replication and primary keys

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 31 18:24:02 EST 2012

I have googled this and I'm not having much luck finding what I thought
was a good method.

I thought at one time it was possible to configure MySQL 4 to increment
primary keys as odd, even, or sequential.

I have a master and a slave.  I want to promote the slave to master.
Use two masters.  I then want to merge the data and go back to a master
and slave system.  To do this I either have to write a script to convert
keys in one DB to keys not used in the other or I have to configure
MySQL to create keys in a way that will allow the merge to be easy.

I'm thinking this might be a way to do it

http://www.neocodesoftware.com/replication/

I read another page where they were doing something odd with keys, but
it had huge gaps in key usage.  I would like the merged data to be
1,2,3,4,..., N

Suggestions?

Chris